Our Mission & Philosophy
Oak Crest Preschool...
honors the unique ways in which young children grow and learn.
- To provide an atmosphere which allows children to achieve their full potential through relationships that are built on trust, honesty and empathy.
- To establish partnerships with parents and community organizations in order to develop continuity in the child’s experiences at home and in school.
- To meet the growing needs of the community by providing young children with a quality preschool experience which addresses the whole child through an enriched environment.
Oak Crest Preschool’s philosophical beliefs are guided by Developmentally Appropriate Practices. We promote interactive learning that encourages a child’s construction of knowledge.
Oak Crest Preschool’s purpose is to provide an environment which will help children . . .
Develop a positive self-concept and attitude toward learning, self-control and a sense of belonging.
- Develop curiosity about the world, confidence as a learner, creativity, imagination, and personal initiative.
- Develop relationships of mutual trust and respect with adults and peers.
- Understand and respect social and cultural diversity.
- Represent ideas and feelings through pretend play, drama, dance, movement, music, art and construction.
- Develop thinking, reasoning, decision-making and problem solving abilities.